End of term 2


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Lanarkshire » Glasgow » West End
April 25th 2009
Published: April 25th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hello all,

So another semester ends here in sunny old Glasgow. The last few weeks have been very very hectic trying to get all the end of semester assignments done. Quite a few late nights to get essays done followed by quite a few late nights celebrating the finishing of those essays. The day the essay was due was of course the obligatory afternoon/night where the majority of the politics department, despite all nighters, wander between pubs in the West End and pretend they're still undergrads. That was followed with a party the next day, which while fun was very subdued due to the multiple days of lack of sleep on everyone's parts.

A few days ago I saw a great movie, though I'm not sure if/when it's getting released in North America, called In the Loop; it was like an episode of The Office if instead of an office the show was about the lead up to the war in Iraq between the UK and US governments. It was very funny and frighteningly accurate. Well worth a watch.

So two essays had to get done for last Tuesday and just an exam and some dissertation stuff (presentation and official proposal) left to do for the next 5 months or so. This means that I have quite a bit of free time in the future, which I've decided to try and fill with learning new skills, both useful and useless. So far I've picked up a few card tricks and started learning some Japanese. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

If anyone is interested Carly is raising money for MS - one of her friends was recently diagnosed - so if you're so inclined go to her site and donate. It's for a good cause.

Cheers,
Nate

Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0616s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb