Banavie


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Inverness-shire
May 23rd 2015
Published: May 31st 2015
Edit Blog Post

23rdMay



Laggan Locks to Banavie – 14nm



Through Loch Lochy today and a couple of single locks – couple of bridges, getting easier now that we have done so many. Also going down now…so much easier that going up! Going to stay here a few days, got some tourist things to do and Abbie and Chris are coming back for an overnight stay.



24th: Abbie and Chris came up last night so today they drove us up to the Gondola and we went up a mountain as part of the Nevis Range. It was cold!! BUT we found snow!! WE got hailed on just for a little while, but it was all good fun. We did some shopping on the way home – using the advantage of having a car and people willing to drive us around!!



25th: Down the famous Neptunes Staircase today. A set of 8 locks. As said before easier going down so not much of a drama – took about 1.5hrs. Moored up and then caught a bus into town before catching the famous Jacobite Steam Train. The very train used in the Harry Potter Films. Saw some places used for filming in the movies too. The scenery on the way is just so amazing. A long day in the end, about a 2hr trip up, then 2 hrs in Mallaig and then the return train trip. Would certainly recommend this. Missed the bus home, so walked a bit of the way and then hailed a taxi as it was at least 5 miles back to boat.


Additional photos below
Photos: 49, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0497s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb