Highland Fling - Day 3


Advertisement
Published: May 7th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Day 3 - Loch Ness



Unfortunately our day of scenic touring turned out to be more like driving in the rain. We left Oban and traveled to the highlands, visiting Lochs along the way. Made our way through Fort William and passed rugged and barren landscapes bordering misty lochs till one looked much like another. We paralleled the Caldonia Canal that connects Inverness to the sea, at the time a engineering feat.



Loch Ness is an amazing body of water. Twenty-three miles long and deeper in the middle than the North Sea and dark black with dissolved peat no one really knows what lurks below the surface. There have been credible reports of sightings but other than the tourist industry, no one really believes in Nessy. Most biologists think the sightings are of giant eels who have been known to stick there heads out of the water. Eels the length of a bus and as big around as a barrel have been captured in the Loch. We stopped briefly in order for those who had to have a Nessy souvenir to have at the best collection around. Joe and I had tea and coffee in the empty dining room of the hotel.



Arrived is Inverness to drizzle and chill. While most everyone went walking around townI took the opportunity to soak in in the largest tub ever. Emerged wrinkled but warm, headed to the dining room and enjoyed great duck breast.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0227s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb