Scenic Lakes Worth Getting Up Early For


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Inverness-shire » Aviemore
April 8th 2015
Published: April 9th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Loch an EileinLoch an EileinLoch an Eilein

Sunrise over the castle in Loch an Eilein.
Given how scenic those lakes were yesterday, I decided to head back to the Cairngorms early in the morning to see what they looked like as the sun was rising. I was not disappointed; it was quiet and peaceful, the water was still and the sky was dramatic and colourful.

I went back to Loch an Eilein first, with a view of the castle. I then headed to Loch Morlich, where the Cairngorms mountains were reflected in the still water.

Sadly we were on an early morning flight back to home this morning, so after breakfast we drive back to the quaint little airport. We were advised to allow plenty of extra time as someone or other was on strike and indeed there was a picket-line outside the airport as we drove in.

Things weren't too bad, so we had plenty of time to look round the shops in the airport, although that only really needed a couple of minutes.

We got home and that postcard from John O'Groats had arrived. The postmark was too feint to see.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Loch MorlichLoch Morlich
Loch Morlich

Sunrise over Loch Morlich and the reflection of the Cairngorms mountains.
Highlands From AboveHighlands From Above
Highlands From Above

The view over the Highlands from our flight home.


Tot: 0.337s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 14; qc: 72; dbt: 0.2491s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb