ST ANDREWS


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Fife » Saint Andrews
August 2nd 2010
Published: August 11th 2010
Edit Blog Post

This was our final day in Scotland. We had to travel back to Dundee to pick up Andy’s glasses but after that we made our way to St Andrews for lunch. It is a strange place in that even though it is in Scotland you could spend hours trying to find someone who spoke with a Scottish accent. Most people are jolly nice chaps in rugby shirts with their polo playing chums. Either that or groups of middle aged men kitted out in matching slacks and anoraks - as American golf trips tend to be. It is a place of strange street names, cobblestone roads, coffee shops and greenfly. Sadly the town seemed overrun with them making it quite unpleasant to be outside.

We went to a fantastic Thai and Japanese restaurant for lunch and enjoyed sashimi and chicken katsu bento boxes.

On our way back to the car after lunch we had a quick wonder around some of the shops which sold everything from expensive therapeutic sandals to the normal tat you get in tourist traps. We had a lot of miles to do the next day so headed home for an early night.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 16; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0231s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb