Stirling, Dunfermline, Tyndrum


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Fife » Dunfermline
July 19th 2006
Published: August 16th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Stirling, Dunfermline, Tyndrum


So we woke up after a good night's sleep (Lonely Planet didn't lie about that) and had breakfast. Breakfast at Heather and Giorgio's was way better...I have a feeling we'll be comparing every B&B with them 😊 This one still makes us feel uncomfortable and we're happy to be on our way.

We head to Stirling Castle but we're too early and they're not open yet so we just parked the car and walked around for a little while. We explored town around the castle and took some beautiful pictures of the Wallace Monument since we could see it from the castle. It's a gorgeous misty morning and we took great pictures.

Stirling Castle is smaller than Edinburgh Castle and way less crowded...probably because we got here so early. Ali and I seem to go our separate ways when we're exploring, which is good. It would suck if we felt we had to do what the other one is doing. It seems like we travel really well together 😊

Before we left Stirling we called around and found a B&B for that night. We decided to drive as far as Tyndrum...our next stop after we finish in Dunfermline is Fort William and we need to be there in time to catch the train out to Mallaig tomorrow. Tyndrum is a good stopping point for the night.

So now we head off to Dunfermline. Dunfermline Castle is the first castle we've visited that's not in good condition. We walk through the ruins and imagine what it was like but it's a very unique experience...very different from Stirling and Edinburgh where the castles are still in really good condition. After we finish exploring the castle we head over to the abbey. This is one of the highlights of the trip for me...we get to see where Robert the Bruce is buried! Next trip I'll visit Melrose Abbey and see where his heart currently resides but this is great!

So now we head off to Tyndrum. It's such a pretty drive and we actually end up getting there about an hour after when we thought we would arrive, but the B&B owner is really nice about it. The name of it is Glengarry House and we love it instantly. The house is old and sits next to an old church. The landscape is breathtaking and our room is really cute.

We have to get up early in the morning to head to Fort William...I hope the beds are comfortable.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 15; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0241s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb