Inverarary - Girvan - Carlisle - Wigan


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Ayrshire » Ayr
July 10th 2009
Published: July 10th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Ballachulish - Wigan


Lots to update, have been without internet fo a acouple of days.
July 8th Left Claclaig Inn Glen Coe) headed for Inverarary the seat of the Duke of Argyll the cheiftan of the Campbell Clan. A beautiful castle with the highest room of any home in the UK (60 ' plus) Walls all lined with weapons used at Culloden.
Stopped for some great scallops at a roadside Inn (Lochgair). Headed for Girvan on the west coast of Scotland for the night.
Well it was bound to happen - the hotel lost our reservation and was full. The owner called another B&B for us and got us a room at the same rate right on the seacoast with a great view of the Irish Sea & Ailsa Craig. We watched the sunset @ 10:30 pm.
July 9th - heading back into England at the top of the lake district. We visited Glentrool, Newton Stewart and Wigtown in Scotland.
This area was recommended to us by our friend Ian Fraser (you know - the guy that does Elke's hair) Ian was born in Wigtown and we have to thank him for the tip. We spent a lot of time in this peacefull setting.
Now we are off to Carlisle in England.
Found our B&B and the owner told us of a great Italian restaurant (we had enough of the fish & chips).
After breakfast we are heading to the Manchester area via the Lake District.
Windermere & Grasmere are small little villages with very small streets & great shops.
It has come to this - we both had a great burger right in the center of Windermere.
Our nest stop is Wiggan and we had a short stop at Hadrian's wall and into our room for the night.
Tomorrow - Wales!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Ailsa CraigAilsa Craig
Ailsa Craig

from our window
Sunset GirvanSunset Girvan
Sunset Girvan

from our room
WigtownWigtown
Wigtown

heavy traffic


Tot: 0.205s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 15; qc: 71; dbt: 0.0888s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb