Kylebhan


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Argyll » Oban
July 13th 2009
Published: July 14th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Arrived in Oban for some lunch, a look around and a bit of shopping. As we were walking along the harbour side I came across a boat called the Kylebhan. I sailed on this boat in 1989 back from St Kilda. Where at the time there was a small army outpost listening to submarine traffic and a communications outpost for the the North Atlantic. Getting out to the island was on an army landing craft with a flat bottom that basically drives up onto the beach to offload.

Bought a 9ft sea rod today to do some spinning on Loch Leven, which is a sea loch with Mackerel and Sea Trout, along with some Salmon. I can report that so far I have caught a lot of seaweed, but nothing remotely edible! Will continue trying tomorrow.

Weather was rainy with sunny spells, 15c. And a lot of midgies. Took a bike ride up the nearest mountain, soon regretted it but managed to keep going, coming down was fast....




Tara's Comments
Enjoying a very relaxing holiday. Joined in with the fishing this afternoon but managed to snap Megans new fishing rod on my first go so it's off to Fort William for a better one. Really enjoyed our bike ride after our dinner. Thanks to my big brother and sis in law for a great barbecue. Hopefully if the boys have some luck tomorrow wevmay have a lovely fish to have on the barbeque.

Wish it would rain again just to make the family of the two tents in front of us to go to bed. Their kids are really starting to hack us off even with Die hard 2 on load we can still hear them. It's going to be a long night.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0511s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb