Our last day


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England
May 26th 2012
Published: May 26th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Street sceneStreet sceneStreet scene

We went to see the thatched roofs ... But this town did not have any
Our last touring day in the Cotswolds. A pretty part of the country with the highest peak in England. On a clear day - like yesterday - they say you can see all the way to Wales. We could see pretty far, not sure what Wales looks like though.

There are many small towns in the Cotswolds, and we chose to go to Winchcombe - mainly because it was close to a train station and also had Sudeley Castle there. in the end, we decided not to tour thecastle and instead we thought we would stroll around town. The strolling proved to be a little difficult ... You had to walk single fion the thebarrow sidewalks, and there seemed to be a lot of weekend traffic that kept whizzing by. And it was very warm yesterday as well. So we walked around a little and then we decided to stop for tea. Dave and I had scones, mom had a bread roll, and Andy just had a drink. The shop owner probably thought we were a little weird, but everyone was happy.

Some more train adventures yesterday ... First we nearly went to the wrong place. There we were
Police stationPolice stationPolice station

Pretty nice police station
sitting on a train, thinking we were good. There must have been a disturbance in the force, because suddenly Andy looked up and said that he didn't think we were on the right train. A quick consultation with the other train passengers, confirmed that this the not the train we needed. Whew ... That was close. Another half hour though and we were onright train train. There was some mysterious delay at one station though when we had to wait for the police .... But other than thatand uneventful journey.

The train connections the last two days have gotten us back to the hotel late, and the location of the hotel has made dinner a challenge. We have had sandwiches the past two nights, and have increased the number for Andy in an attempt to keep him fed. Another probwithin that Andyand mare out out of peanut M&Ms - both the ones she brought and the ones we bought over here.

Today we are just hanging out and getting ready to come home.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Rolling hillsRolling hills
Rolling hills

The Cotswolds are known for their hills. Mom enjoyed the walking around town .. Up and down and up and down. We were ready for tea.
Getting off the beaten pathGetting off the beaten path
Getting off the beaten path

Andy claimed that we were in an alley, but you can see it was a named street in this picture


Tot: 0.498s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0505s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb