The end of my big trip


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England
April 29th 2011
Published: April 29th 2011
Edit Blog Post

I left Chicago for the flight back to London in time for the royal wedding. It was a real shame to be going home but had decided that my trip around the world had naturally come to an end.

The flight home with British Airways on their brand new Boeing 777 was a good one. We had a good laugh at gate 11 of O'hare international terminal, primarily because of the cardboard cut out of the new royal couple.

It was a strange feeling to walk back through my own front door for the first time this year and a sad feeling that I would have to get the lawn mower out and start attending to the mundane tasks that is home ownership. However, for now, I'm going to put my feet up and have a nice cup of tea :-) So, until next time, I'm signing off. For anyone considering a big trip of their own, it is highly recommended...





Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



1st May 2011

Congratulation!
Geoff! Hey, congratulations for finishing your 4-month world trip! Quite an accomplishment~ It is interesting to know that you finally got back home for the Royal wedding on time, and took a nice photo with "the new couple". It is such a pleasure to read your blog, and it is shame that it is about to end for a while. All the best with your life in the UK, and looking forward to meeting you again sometimes in the future!

Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0511s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb