Briefly into England


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England
October 8th 2010
Published: October 20th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Weeeee! Into EnglandWeeeee! Into EnglandWeeeee! Into England

From the train
Its farewell to Scotland, we're on a train bound for Norwich, England. The heather has finished flowering so the landscape from the train has changed from the purples of our arrival to autumn tints of orange and yellow. By the time we reach England the landscape has changed again to flat green countryside and canals appear with cute wee canal boats and then we're in Norwich.

We meet Tessa's Australian friend Danny at the station, then head to Danny and Laura's place for a great home-cooked curry and natter with them and a fellow traveller, their friend Liz.

Next morning we wander a few of the sights of Norwich with Danny. There are some beautiful little streets with interesting shops, but the highlight is Norwich Cathedral. Its pretty impressive and we're lucky to run into an off-duty tour guide who takes us around the courtyard pointing out features like the bosses on the ceiling depicting curious combinations of scenes.

Norwich is full of churches and pubs - now is it one church for every weekend and one pub for every day of the year? Its pretty over the top, anyway, and an interesting combination. But we don't have time to check out the church and pub scenes, in the blink of an eye we're on a train to London, then its off to dinner with friends Elizabeth, Sri, Janet and Chad. We have a really good curry washed down with much hilarity - the perfect way to finish off our few months in the UK.

Its been great to catch up with so many friends, but we have to say farewell to these ones for the moment, we're off to Portugal to visit another one.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

When in Rome... or on a trainWhen in Rome... or on a train
When in Rome... or on a train

Fitting in with the locals


Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0602s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb