England Closure- minor updates


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England
July 13th 2010
Published: July 13th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Ireland is great!Ireland is great!Ireland is great!

Alicia jumps for joy at the 2 minutes of non-rain we enjoyed in Ireland. Ireland post is coming soon!
My apologies for the inefficiency....

It's come to my attention I left some loose ends in the England post failing to complete the shoes and car hire stories. I could have sworn I did but perhaps keeping a separate diary and blog is making me confused....No more drugs for me!

Ireland is finished today and I'll try to post it up soon, we are flying to Iceland tomorrow 14/7/10

So anyhow what was the end result of the car damage story from the original England story? You may recall we were dreading being hit with the 550 pound car hire excess.
Thankfully Hertz employs visually impaired, lazy, incompetent, drunks to do their post vehicle rental inspection and so they failed to spot the dramatic holes in the driver side door and signed off 'car returned in immaculate condition' for us to run away with happily. Ca-Ching!
Nick wisely spent a good deal of the money we thought we'd lost on car hire damage in Ireland on Guinness.

With the shoes we managed to buy the exact same pair then destroyed them, then got another new pair for exchange; Nick's feet are raw with blisters from having to wear in two new pairs of hiking boots within a short space of time.
The story of exchanging the shoes occurred on the way to catch a plane when pair #2 spontaneously combusted; happily we were close enough to the shoe shop to run over and demand an exchange since new shoes shouldn't be falling apart so fast. They were duly exchanged and then we raced for our Gatwick train.
Alicia bravely led the way and knocked down 7 little old ladies and 3 small children running through Victoria train station with all our luggage to get us to the Gatwick Express train with 30 seconds before departure. So that was the end of England and hopefully ties up loose ends.

Ciao for now, Ireland soon, I promise.

Advertisement



15th July 2010

Great stories
Keep up with the blogs they are hilarious. Enjoy the trip see you when you get home. Therese and John.xx
16th July 2010

Wow
Wow Leishy you must be eating all your vegtables to be able to jump that high!!!!!

Tot: 0.181s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0836s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb