A day trip to Reading


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England
June 29th 2009
Published: June 30th 2009
Edit Blog Post

This morning we headed down to Reading to catch up with Janet and Phil who are currently staying in an apartment there. Reading is a very picturesque town with the Thames River, the Kennett River and the Kennett and Avon Canal running around and/or through it. We went out to lunch with Janet and Phil to a very nice restaurant on the canal. After lunch we enjoyed a stroll around Reading where Janet and Phil were able to share the local knowledge that they have acquired over the last week or so that they have been in town.

We headed back to London at about 4.30pm as we had told Marilyn that we would be home for tea by 7.00pm. It was just as well that we allowed as much time as we did for the return journey as it was rather heavy going on the M25!! We thought we would be home in plenty of time for dinner but, after battling with the traffic and calling into the supermarket on the way we only arrived back in Pinner a few minutes before 7.00pm.

After dinner we watched Andy Murray win his match to progress to the Wimbledon quarter finals. The crowd was very much behind the local talent … even though he’s from Scotland! It was a hard fought five set match so Andy might find himself pretty tired for his quarter final match up against Ferrero.





Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



1st July 2009

we enjoyed your visit
It was great to see you both and enjoy some socialising as I have not had too many opportunities in the past two weeks. Thanks for making the effort to come this way. I hope it wasn't too boring!? I'm afraid my pace is pretty slow these days. Hope your trip home goes well. love Janet and Phil xx

Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 7; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0354s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb