Day 12 (The Finale)


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England
April 22nd 2009
Published: April 22nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

So people have been asking....... will it be sad when it all over? Are you going to miss it? Will it feel weird not getting on a bike tomorrow? etc etc. I say 'you can stick your #@~]ing road bikes up your @#@#!! I never want to see one again let alone put the bloody thing between my legs and with no disrespect to any of my team mates, i am sick of seeing the back end of Matt, Gem and Joe and i am fed up of finding whatever Gabe has lost at the current time!!

We knocked off the miles today quite comfortably really. Well, Gem didnt enjoy being wind bashed about on one of the busiest stretches of road in the UK and it did pour with rain all day, but apart from that, we found ourselves within a mile or so from the end without really noticing. Gabe managed to stay on his bike too!

What we experienced at Lands End was unbelievable and something we will all remember for as long as we keep are marbles! There must have been about 30 people there to greet us. Reg had driven back again from Cardiff, my Sister Lisa, Carl (with a very welcome bottle of champagne in his hand), Tommy, Tamsin and friends Mandy, Paul, William and Sam, Mum and Dad, Sah, Fiona, Charlie and Jess, Clare, Colin, Tessa and Amy. Unbelievable!! We cannot thank you guys enough. We got medals and a banner!! We wondered if we would get a banner but medals too!! Did i mention the Champagne, we had 2 bottles but nobody managed to prise one away from Goff Senior!

To cap it all off, Mum organised the Lands End hotel to provide us with dinner for 26 people at short notice. They did it and it was great too.

Thanks for reading all, hope you have enjoyed it. We had a great time and I personally enjoyed every minute of the experience. Well done to my colleagues, Matt, Gem, Joe and Gabe for putting up with me and getting me through it too. You are all "legends"

GD

Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0386s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb