Lovely weather in London


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England
September 20th 2008
Published: September 20th 2008
Edit Blog Post

FaggotFaggotFaggot

Martin has taken a leaf from Miles' book and is trying everything. However it was not as good as the Haggis he had in Loch Ness. All this and a full English breakfast each day!
Hi Guys
Well the sun has finally come out in London.
We spent some time in Hyde Park making the most of the lovely weather, them walked down to HM's home just to check that the guards were still there and then we took a cruise down the Thames.
We caught up with Kate and Mark for dinner at the Butchers Hook, Cork and Clever. Martin had 'faggot' with bubble and squeek!!!! He will try anything. And I shared a roast chicken with Kate. (which Martin and Mark finished off.)
We had a small incident yesterday where we got caught in a 4 police car chase on the M40. Martin thought he was Bond and followed the chase until we lost them doing 150-180 down the motor way.
We also spent some time walking around HM's other home the Castle in Windsor. What a fascinating place. And I'm still amazing myself with how I seem to know where I am and where to find the next tourist attraction. Martin keeps getting lost though!
We are shopping in London today and tomorrow we head for Paris (such a hard life!).
I can't shut my suitcase so Martin has gone off shopping and
Midlands Safari ParkMidlands Safari ParkMidlands Safari Park

All I can say is Martin shouldn't have had that full English Breakfast every day.
left me to send blogs ... he figures that's safest. Hmm!
Cheers
Annemarie and Martin (who is shopping)


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Roast ChickenRoast Chicken
Roast Chicken

This is Kate's and my dinner. A much smaller meal.
Tower BridgeTower Bridge
Tower Bridge

As you can see the sun did come out.
Guess what this is?Guess what this is?
Guess what this is?

Yes it's Big Ben well technically it's Stephenton's Tower (or something like that?) and the bell inside is Big Ben. I was a bit close. What a wonderful camera Martin got me for my B'day.
Buckingham PalaceBuckingham Palace
Buckingham Palace

Yes HM was at home but we didn't have time to have tea with her, she was most upset. But hey, there is just no time we are very busy people!
Windsor WheelWindsor Wheel
Windsor Wheel

Yes it looks like the London Eye and it is on the Thames but it's the Windsor Wheel slightly smaller.
St Georges Chapel, Windsor CastelSt Georges Chapel, Windsor Castel
St Georges Chapel, Windsor Castel

This is where Henry VIII is buried along with many others like the Queen Mother and Princess Margaret. A must to see if you are ever here!
Chase down the M40Chase down the M40
Chase down the M40

This is the chase down the M40. they managed to stop a Jag that was speeding but just as we got there he took off right infront of our car and before we knew it there were 4 police cars following him. We were caught right in the middle. We never saw the end result but I'm sure they locked him up.


Tot: 0.495s; Tpl: 0.024s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0415s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 3; ; mem: 1.2mb