Day 2 Friday 16th


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England
December 16th 2005
Published: December 26th 2005
Edit Blog Post

We had a HUGE day!

We began the day catching the Hop On Hop Off Bus Tour of London. This bus gives us a live commentary as we were driven around the sights of London. The tour guide took delight in paying out on our group once he discovered we were Aussies. Mr George's "Aussie aussie aussie, oi oi oi" as we went past the Australian Embassy may have been the give away. We enjoyed sitting on top of the open top double decker bus, despite the fact that we all really needed the warm coffees after two hours in the fresh London air.

This was followed by a River Cruise where the sun decided to make an appearance on the Thames for the duration of the cruise. We still can't believe the weather is so good.

After lunch, we went to Madame Tussauds and marvelled at the realism of the wax statues. We all have some amazing photos with "celebrities". We want to assure Mr Kennedy that Mrs Kennedy was chaperoned the entire time yesterday; there is no need for concern.

The group then split for the evening. Most of the group looked dashing as they attended "Guys and Dolls" which was fabulous. Apparently, there were many goose bump moments. The remainder of the group went to the Cinema to see King Kong. They report there were no dry eyes at the end.














Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



17th December 2005

amelia
hey,natalie so pleased to see you having such a wonderful time will check the site now i have figured it out amelia is doing well and sends a big kiss we all miss you but i feel gladened at this opportunity you have for this growth experience. we will look after lachy Love Eileen and all at 14
17th December 2005

Awesome
This is such a great idea - we check the site everyday to see what you are up to . Glad you are having such a great time. Granny and Oups say hi!!! regards the Murray family
17th December 2005

Hello Darlings
We are missing you all DREADFULLY. SOMEhow we're managing. Saw randomania again last night. Great stuff. Sam's family send their regards and wonder how Guys and Dolls was. How was it anyway? Spectacular I suppose. To AJ: what did you end up wearing? To Tyson: I hope you're feeling much better To Anna: Talked to Mr Drew last night and we're doing the christmas randomania next year...YOU HAVE TO DO IT! Two more things to say to Sam: 1) Your brother borrowed your grandpa PANT last night for rando...thought you might wanna know 2) Your dad did a load of washing and your nice grey and white striped shirt (the one from ed harry's) turned grey and pink... To all those I haven't mentioned: Enjoy your time in the wonderful cold while we all just melt over here. Love you all!
18th December 2005

Hey Natalie
Aren't the photos fab. You look like you're having fun. I wish Pete and I could've joined the trip (sigh). You know, I told you to watch those european men! Do the wax figures look real when you see them? Cause they always look real in a pici. Say HI to Linda and Chris and the kids for me.

Tot: 0.184s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 10; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0504s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb