Manchester United v Middlesborough


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England
April 6th 2008
Published: May 11th 2008
Edit Blog Post

The premier league season is wrapping up here, so its high time we made it to a game. We drove north to the city of Middlesborough to watch 'Boro' take on the biggest and the best...Man Utd. It was a bitterly cold, grey day and not long into the match, it began to snow! This did nothing to dampen the enthusiasm of the crowd, with the Man Utd supporters just right of where we were sitting providing almost as much entertainment as the players on the pitch. The players themselves barely seemed to blink at the snow that fell. It certainly didn't appear to affect the game play as even I, knowing little about the ins and outs of football, could not help but marvel at the incredible skill of the big names on the pitch...Ronaldo and Rooney on the Man Utd side and our very own Mark Schwarzer (Aussie Aussie Aussie!) for Boro.

The game was quite a spectacle from beginning to end. After an early goal from Man Utd, Boro hit back close to half time. There was a further goal from Boro early in the second half but Man Utd levelled in the last quarter. So the score stood at 2-2, with Adam reporting the main highlights of the game to be Ronaldo's first goal kick, the 2 goals by Afonso Alves, Stewart Downing's breaks down the side, and the mounted police trying to keep a very rowdy Man Utd supporter base in check. The drive home in the snow was also quite memorable given our lack of experience on powdered roads...All in all though, it was well worth the trip.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.133s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0904s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb