Harrods Didn't Even See Her Coming.


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England
May 28th 2007
Published: May 28th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Pat Waits For Harrods OpeningPat Waits For Harrods OpeningPat Waits For Harrods Opening

Harrods open on Sundays - but at 12 noon. We waited with hundreds of others outside, sheltering from the rain. Many of the shoppers seemed to be Dutch or Scandinavian.
After flowers, trees & other plants the Traf Duo wandered around in the London rain on the next two days.

That's right, almost an hour after the sun-blessed Chelsea Flower Show finished, the wet stuff began and it hasn't really stopped since.

What is there to do on a wet London day? Pat pointed us in the direction of one of the most well-know, high class and EXPENSIVE stores in London. What did she want to buy? A Harrods bag! That's right a bag - not a handbag, but a carry bag with "Harrods" written on the outside.

When we finished making a claim for tax exemption, we had TWO bloody Harrods bags, a computer bag for Geoff's newish laptop, a hat to match Pat's Burberry coat which she bought in LA and we didn't tell anyone about. Andy forced her to spend a massive amount on the garment even though we only wanted an warm coat. Hot price though.

The hat, a simple bucket hat, red to match the coat, was also a Burberry and priced accordingly. Geoff will not be told the price or he will need further medication.

It's our final day
That Coat & That HatThat Coat & That HatThat Coat & That Hat

No comment is required. Thanks very much Andy! #@%#@
before the next part of our travels. Pat has rearrange the bags, tossed out some stuff and we've just returned after a local pub meal.

Next stop, Croatia via Trieste.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.259s; Tpl: 0.025s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0396s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb