Back to the UK


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England
May 31st 2018
Published: June 11th 2018
Edit Blog Post

We had just spent the last 5 months escaping the cold drineary European winter by exploring Cuba, Mexico and Central America with some short stops in the US to visit friends. Now the weather was warming up in Europe it was time to be like a Canadian Goose and fly north again. Our last stop in the America's was Boston where we spent a few days staying with a friends and meeting up with an old University chum that I hadn't seen since graduation so that was a spin out!. Saying goodbye to Boston we take the 7 hour flight with Norwegian to land in Gatwick the next morning. I didn't sleep at all, its not the best airline for a good nights sleep so arrived very tired and grumpy. We picked up our hire car then headed to our friends Sabine and Grant in Billingshurst which is only half hour from the airport. Last time we were in England was early January and it was grey, cold and the trees leafless, now it was warm and countryside lush. After a shower and a few hours sleep we were back on track again (well almost) and spent a lovely evening with our friends, it was nice to be back in old blighty especially now it was summer.

Over the next week we stayed with our friends in Ascot and spent the last few days in Oxfordshire with my niece. We had collected some stuff and it needed to be sent home so we took care of that, repacked our bag for our trip to Amsterdam and stored the rest with my niece. I don't know how we manged to have so much stuff but with being in multiple climates we had both warm and cold weather clothes as well as hiking gear and it added up. This week wasn't a sightseeing trip but we did get out one of the days when the weather was perfect to see Blenheim Palace as Vaughan had never been.

Thursday we headed back to Gatwick for our flight to Amsterdam, I was excited in one way to go Motor home shopping but stressed in another way as we were purchasing in a foreign country.


Additional photos below
Photos: 62, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.38s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0891s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb