Summer 2008


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Worcestershire
September 27th 2008
Published: September 27th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Since we arrived home from Italy in late May, we used the van for a couple of holidays and an overnight stop.

In early July we spent a very enjoyable 10 days in Scotland visiting friends, mostly from the Cave and Crag Club. We saw the Fishers in Grantown-on-Spey, the Thompsons in Stonehaven, The Hogans in Rait outside Perth, the Smiths in Blairadam ( we gate crashed June’s retirement party) and the Paveys in St Fillans. Thank you everyone for your very generous hospitality. We broke the journey both ways on Camping and Caravan Club sites. On the way up at Moffat and on the way home at Culzean. Both were in excellent positions.

For the first two weeks in August we had our usual visit to Treago Farm, Crantock, Cornwall with Emma, Sam and the boys and Joy and Richard. As in the rest of the country at that time the weather was generally very poor but we had our usual good time meeting many old friends and walking, cycling and surfing in this beautiful area.

The week before last we met Peter and Sally Hawkes at Braunston. We parked the van in the marina overnight and had an enjoyable time travelling through the local locks on the Hawkes’ narrow boat.

This weekend we are of to Ireland for three weeks so watch this space.



Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0518s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb