Day 08 A drive around Huddersfield


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » West Yorkshire » Holmfirth
May 30th 2010
Published: June 4th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Today we planned on having a quiet day. We were to spend some time with Robin and Jean and we also met up with Kelly, Linda and Jess.

We first of all went to village called Holmfirth, which is where the TV show Last of the Summer is shot on location. There are quite a few places around where they shoot the exterior and even some interior scenes, in particular Sid’s Cafe.

We had a good walk around the village and had some breakfast at a greasy spoon before we headed off to the shops. We went to a mill shop and bought a few items in there.

Once we had had enough of shopping, Kelly then took us up to a pub on the moors called The Foxhouse Inn where Damian is working as bar manager. The pub is actually an old farmhouse, much extended and renovated though, and looks like it’s been that way for hundreds of years.

It was good to see him as we have not seen Damian for a very long time. His wife Tracy also came up and we met here for the first time. It’s just a shame Molly wasn’t there. Still maybe someone can persuade Damian to get on an aircraft to come and visit us in Oz. It was really great to catch up with him and as he was working we had to be on our way.

We then went back to Robin and Jean’s place to settle in for the evening. Robin cooked a roast for dinner with enough food to feed half an army. So to bed and off south again in the morning.



Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



4th June 2010

I enjoyed your post and photos from the UK, and especially of Charlie, the parrot! My blog is looking for travel photos, reviews, etc, to share (like maybe of Foxhouse?!). If you have the time, check it out at dirty-hippies.blogspot.com, or email me at dirtyhippiesblog@gmail.com. Continued fun on your travels! Heather :)

Tot: 0.149s; Tpl: 0.024s; cc: 11; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0576s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb