:p


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » West Midlands » Sutton Coldfield
September 8th 2007
Published: September 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

hey guys, not actually in sutton coal field but i dont know where i am so :p

also i missed two days from my blog last time not one

we went up into the nice rolling hills and went into an old iron mine that had water in it, so they had to use boats, which was kinda cool (it always had water in it), and when down into a "Blue John" mine (the only place in the world it has been discovered).

then we went to CADBURY WORLD
it was cadbury chocolishious, and the cadbury chocolate in england is way different from the stuff in calgary (its not nessicairly better, but it is definetly not worse). my mother likes the stuff here better, and at one point they give you a cup of melted chocolate MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM so good. Also theres this crazy willy wonkaesque ride that was totally nuts (i thought somebody was going to jump out and murder me or something), again the picures will be up later. we ate chocolate for lunch and snacked on samples the whole tour. Age was sad that there were no oompa loompas, but the crazy ride kinda made up for it. I was going to buy a huge block of it, but then i was like, really, im not going to carry this stuff around for two months just so you bastards can have some (i might buy a bar or two right before i leave if you are lucky).

went for dinner at my moms sisters, her chidren and their fiencee/girlfriend where there. I have not seen the one in a long time (or ever met for all i can remember) so it was nice to see him, also they are very, very funny, some british people are hilarious and most of my relatives are (everybody except my dad). in fact i think its my moms whole side of the family barrind one on my dads side that is funny. anyway that was a totally pointless and probably booring to read comment. my moms sister Pat did give a birthday card to open, and with the presents that sarah gave me before i left for england that looks like a total of two presents for my birthday, and i already opened on, maby jer will get me something and make its three (hint hint).

went into wales to see conwy castles and landudno city, had some landudno rock (candy that my dad used to eat) and saw the smallest house in the uk. conwy castle is really cool (again await the pictures).

went to windsor castle which is pretty stunning, i guess thats what you do when you have rediculous ammounts of money and are trying to impress people, i doubt there are a lot of manmade things that are more impressive (swords, armor, guns, carvings and paintins covering every inch of wall).

went to wedgewood pottery/china factory in stoke upon uhhh trent? i think. It was neat, some of the stuff they make is gorgious and its pretty amazing how they make it, it looks so perfect. And they we went to buxton where they have a natural spring and used to have baths, but all they had was 2 small placks to read, so we walked around and looked at the old buildings. we also went a place called avon low or soemthing and its like stonehenge but 5000 years old and they think supersticious farmers pushed over all of the rocks

also i tried to log into my bank stuffs and i couldnt sucessfully remember what my favorite restoraunt is and i got locked out untill i phone them, and i think the number is canada so im basically fucked a bit, yaaay for extra security measures.

i've got that wedding later today, then tomorrow age leaves for london and me and the rents are going to see more relatives, then on monday they fly out and jer flies in (awesome),

love all yall
ian

Advertisement



Tot: 0.239s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0546s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb