Into the final 24hours...


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » West Midlands » Stourbridge
April 5th 2009
Published: April 5th 2009
Edit Blog Post

The Weigh InThe Weigh InThe Weigh In

7 kilos - but that is without the cuddly toys he's going to sneak in
(Nicky) 23 hours to go: I was feeling all proud of us because we have spent our last evening playing cribbage with the children rather than fretting about what we've forgotten to pack. All that positive feeling has disappeared since I tried to check in online and got as far as moving my seat and Joe's seat before the site crashed and won't let me back in. We are currently due to be seated at opposite ends of the plane from Jake and Elliot. Some would argue that's no bad thing, but I would rather they were in sight at least.
We've had no word from Sri Lanka for the last few weeks and are just hoping that the promise of being met at the airport still stands.
(Joe) Despite all the advice about early nights to get your body onto local time ASAP the boys have been getting to sleep incredibly late due to the overexcitement of their twin cousins staying and Nicky and I now seem almost to have forgotten how to sleep (excitement plus permanently thinking of new or extra things we need to do!) It has been so lovely having Lily and Bess around but will make leaving even harder.
I was utterly overwhelmed by the farewells and thoughtfulness of particularly my year 11s, and now feel even more guilty about missing their prom - still no choice really though!
We have packed and weighed our bags - 7, 8, 12 and 17 KG and practised carrying them. Jake and Elliot aren't impressed, but fortunately their bags also have wheels.
(Nicky) I think it's a miracle we have managed to get 5 months of kit in to such a small space. thought I might get to sneak hair straighteners in at the last minute but it's not looking promising...

Advertisement



6th April 2009

Goodbye!
Byee Mr Yeates! Good luck to you all we both hope you have fun :)
6th April 2009

Have a great everyone look forward to hearing all the stories on line and at the next family gathering :-)
8th April 2009

yeah
Have a gdn sir, have fun helping ppls in Sri lanka ^^

Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 13; qc: 70; dbt: 0.0569s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb