Down But Not Out


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Surrey » Bramley
September 11th 2006
Published: September 11th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Well I did not think that I would be entering this from sunny Surrey again! I have entries to put in for Calais, Riems and Dijon - but this is Surrey. Still it is hot!

We have decided that the Moose, as much as we love it, is just not practical. Have you tried getting in and out and up and down narrow roads in a motor home and towing a motor bike? I am sure we have learnt some very good french swear words - who knows?

We arrived at this decision in Dijon. For a holiday the Moose and similar would be great but for the purpose we are going over for it is 'no go' simple as that. Also we could not leave the dogs in the motor home, (I say could not - would not is more like it and that is Guy as well as me) for heat reasons and just worrying about their safety. Hence, this meant we could not zoom off on the motor bike.

We came to the realisation that this would just not be any good at all for searching areas in Italy. Not only did it take longer to get from A to B but we could not suddenly swing off and look up another road in case it became too narrow.

So we decided to come home, sell the Moose and return with the car and tent! Yes we are not giving in. I will relate more tomorrow. The one big bonus is that we will get to see Miles if only for a very short while.

Advertisement



13th September 2006

Don't stop
Just a small glitch in the overall plan, perhaps it was meant to be. You do get to hear of Miles' snake hunting adventures followed by coping with the transportation system in LA and lasat but not least dealing with me! Never give up hope. It will work out. Love as always H
13th September 2006

Cheers!
Thanks for all your help - like you said just a small glitch in the overall scheme of things. Hope maybe to speak toyou today. Love Z
15th September 2006

Blog Site
After 3 conversations with David have twigged the blog site. Will speak when have more time. Best Wishes and more sucess on re-entry into the outer space of europe. Give the dogs a pigs ear from us, from J,J and W. P.S did you give the lads our number incase they need a quick tenner nay fifty quid or a bed for the night!?

Tot: 0.225s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0384s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb