Slowly Coming Together!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Surrey » Bramley
August 24th 2006
Published: August 24th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Well it has been a few days since I last made an entry. Frustrating to say the least. The Moose developed a good fault and we were stuck in the Park & Ride outside Guildford with the ignition barrel jamming. Park & Ride attendant very helpful as apparently Motor homes are not allowed as they don't want to encourage people like us??!! Actually he was very nice and by the time i had chatted to him for the hour it too the Breakdown people to come out to us, he declared that we could pull over any time we liked and showed us where to park! Breakdown man put half a can of WD40 down the barrel and the temperamental Moose started up straight away!

Anyway, we went to a dealership that, yes, deals in motorhomes, and they ordered thepart, said it could take 2 weeks!!! It arrived today and has been fitted. Thak God for that, it looks like we will make France on Tuesday still!

Spoke to Miles today who has arrived with my sister in LA - lovely to speak to him only wish I could see him sooner rather than later. Sounds so mature!

Guy gone up to Ipswich on his bike to see his brother, Rob and the family - Sarah, Tom, Harry and the oh so quiet(!) Anna. Anna, hows the horse riding going? Think Guy found the M25 a bit of a shock and is coming back tomorrow.

Kath & Graham being very patient with us and I have to say I am enjoying their company enormously. Looking forward to seeing Jane Hindley tomorrow night - Jane & I used to share a house in Farncombe (Godalming) many years ago. A lot of catching up to be done tomorrow.

All rather boring at the moment, hoping that once we get going it will become a bit more exciting, but who knows?

Advertisement



Tot: 0.135s; Tpl: 0.056s; cc: 13; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0599s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb