Heading South


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Surrey » Bramley
August 12th 2006
Published: August 13th 2006
Edit Blog Post

The Hen has died and gone to hen heaven - sorry sad start to the day. Died in the goat shed where it all originally happened. Sorry Andrea and Neil - at least she was old.

Before I move on I must say a huge THANK YOU to Andrea and Neil for helping us out so much, and the week spent house sitting has been excellent. Thank you.

We headed down to Derby fully loaded with dogs, all our stuff I hope, diesel etc and arrived there at lunch time. Pestered Nigel for coffee and biscuits and of course the dogs obliged in his garden. So well trained not to soil on their own territory (but of course they don't have their own now!). Sorry Nigel!. Really good to see Nigel and Jan and although Gill and Amy were not there we spoke to them and hope to see them all in Italy in the not too distant future.

Travelled down the glorious M1/M25/A3 route to Guildford and then on through Bramley, Graffam to Whipley Common to Kath & Graham. The Moose moved well, a tad noisy but he just keeps going. Bike trailer is excellent looks a bit precarious at first but is as stable as can be. Bike looks good - proves we are not anoraks yet!

Totally relaxing down here. Good food, wine & company and just fall back into old friendships. Dogs laid back and watching the rabbits.

More tomorrow


Advertisement



18th August 2006

Italy here we come
Now you're well and truly on the way, hope to link up with you in Italy. Watch this space!
24th August 2006

On the Way!
We wait to hear your dates and will make sure we meet up with you!

Tot: 0.268s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.071s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb