The Bletchingley Fair


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Surrey » Bletchingley
June 27th 2007
Published: June 27th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The village fair awaits.The village fair awaits.The village fair awaits.

Beyond this sign is something so exciting.........
Hi again,

yes I know so soon. (what is going on......)

Anyways don't really have too much to talk about. The weather has turned typically English (apparnetly) and it seems to be raining a lot now. Which is great now that we are actually going to soon be travelling and no longer stuck indoors. Although I suppose we won't actually be in England so I guess the weather may be different in Europe. (please excuse my rambling)

Ok so just to clear things up. A lot of people have been asking if we have drowned in the floods. No we haven't. We haven't had that much rain. It's all up North. And we are in South East England. So we are safe. (yes all breath a sigh of relief)

Anyways. Bletchingley had it's annual Bletchingley fair on Sunday. What an event. It doesn't quite compare to the Boonah show in size but as with the Boonah show it's definitely something that all locals MUST attend. So in between my 2 shifts for the day and before Tyson's started we headed down for an hour (or that was the intention)

So we are greeted at the
Ringside at the fairRingside at the fairRingside at the fair

This is where the dogs and ducks performed.
gate by a man selling programs. We really didn't need or want one since it was only to be a short visit but...... He grabs one out hands it to us and says 1 Pound please. Well there is a lucky book prize so I guess it was like buying a raffel ticket. Which I'm ok with even if we're not there for the draw.

Anyways we then preceeded to do a lap around the fair ground. (it's a very small fair ground). We found book stalls. Toy stalls with naked barbies. And...... A Mr Potato head who was broken and kinda grubby. (all second hand) There were some food stalls. A few games. (mini sumo wrestling looked pretty cool) plant stalls, jewelrey stalls (Evelyn our manager had one) and last but not least llamas. No Ostriches. No llama's. No Ostriches. Actually they were Alpacca's.

So 10 minutes later we had finished our lap and had run out of things to do and see. Tyson wanted to ride the Llama's/Ostriches/Alpacca's (for anyone above the age of 20 please refer to the movie Dude Where's My Car and you will understand this) but they were really just for show.
Dude.... It's a llama.Dude.... It's a llama.Dude.... It's a llama.

No dude it's an ostrich. (By the way Tyson didn't really want to ride the alpacca. I just made that bit up.)


Anyways the ring had a show of dogs hearding ducks. (Apparently they couldn't find any willing sheep???? - well that's my theory) Which was quite entertaining for the 10 or so minutes we got to see. It ended just after we arrived which was a pity. We decided to head back the other way around the ring. Tyson picked up some second hand DVD's for cheap. I tried to win a bottle of wine. (but didn't - I think the game was rigged)

So we made it around again. I was distracted briefly by popcorn and was set to get me some until... I relised it was only sweet popcorn which is quite disgusting. They did have fairy floss too but that's not the same as good Popcorn. So the second lap was then over and it was time to go. The rain had just started. (again) so it was good timing.

Home again to dry off. And then off to work again. We stayed open later especially for the locals who came up for dinner after packing up the fair. So that made the night quite busy and the day quite long....... Never mind. We also
The whole fairThe whole fairThe whole fair

You can see most of what was on offer here. It was small but a nice community thing.
missed out on playing cricket.

Anyways don't really have too much else to say. Only 5 days to go including today or 4 shifts for me! (Tyson had his day off yesterday) Anyways getting pretty excited. We are gonna try and get to Wimbleden next week so that should be fun!

Anyways love to you all.

Bye bye now.

Samantha and Tyson


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Mud MapMud Map
Mud Map

If you look closely you'll see where we are and where the floods are.


27th June 2007

what wimbledon
Hi glad you had fun at the fair hope you do get to wimbledon even though i will be terribly jealous give me message if i can ring you bebore you leave your trip sounds exciting . have you played your last game of cricket or will you have one this weekend talk to you soon love Grandma

Tot: 0.133s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0828s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb