World Cities Tour 2014 Summer Edition - Day 9


Advertisement
Published: June 27th 2014
Edit Blog Post

How Friendly are the Squirrels?How Friendly are the Squirrels?How Friendly are the Squirrels?

Very! One thing we've noticed is that there are no screens on any of the windows or doors. Michelle asked one day if the squirrel that kept visiting our deck would come in if we left the door open. The answer is yes! this guy came in for a moment to say hi before I shoo'd him out.
Day 9 - Golf? Aye, Golf!



After yesterday's road trip we all needed some time out of the car. Michelle and Anne spent the morning playing Crazy Golf (Minigolf). Michelle tried to get the ball to go the wrong way through the dinosaur. After crazy golf we all ate lunch and then Michelle and Tony played 9 holes of REAL golf. The resort had clubs for Michelle, but they had to go down into the "haunted cellar" to grab them. Michelle got the hang of it rather quickly (except for the sand traps) but they both spent quality time looking for lost balls. After golf it was time for a dip in the pool. We rounded out the day with a driving tour of Barton-under-Needwood and dinner at a local tavern. Tomorrow we checkout and head for Warwick Castle on the way to Salisbury.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Thumbs up, wrists together...Thumbs up, wrists together...
Thumbs up, wrists together...

Michelle was getting a lesson on holding the club and how to stand. It started to sound like that old camp song. Michelle got the hang of it pretty quickly.
(quiet applause)(quiet applause)
(quiet applause)

Tony teeing off at the first hole.
In the RoughIn the Rough
In the Rough

Michelle hitting one out of the rough.
Put PutPut Put
Put Put

Michelle finishing off the hole with the Manor in the background.
All Done!All Done!
All Done!

They made it all nine holes. Michelle and Tony both enjoyed themselves, despite several trips into the surrounding bushes to look for lost balls. There may be some trips to the driving range in their future.


Tot: 0.167s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1033s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb