Home


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Somerset » Simonsbath
September 17th 2022
Published: September 17th 2022
Edit Blog Post

Ahh Somerset you’ve been duded! Even though the 2 Moors Way crosses from Devon into Somerset on several occasions it’s only ever known as the Dorset Coast to Coast. Sure it starts and finishes at the coast in Devon but to not acknowledge our in Somerset does seem a bit parochial.

Anyway I’m here in Somerset having walked most of the 2 Moors Way and having met up with Lee. That’s pretty close to 600 km of ups, downs, lanes, fields, roads, meadows, tracks, river side paths, bogs, hills, valleys, streams, dales, leats, rivers, moors, forests, copses, villages, hamlets and towns we have completed our set task and arrived here in Simonsbath after walking to the Tarr Steps today.
Despite our leisurely start (or because of it) the walk was easy with us covering the allotted distance in less than the anticipated time. I think Julie had the scent of home in the nostrils and just went for it! Breakfast as I said was leisurely and convivial and shared with 2 other guests that had also dined at the Masons Arms last night. The meal was very good, tender and tasty beef but the trio of pears dessert I had was excellent. The soufflé with pear reduction sauce was quite a highlight, the brûlée of pear not far behind. I thought the vegetables let the place down a little, they not being as strong and not reflecting the same attention to detail as the desserts. It’s difficult as expectations of a Michelin starred restaurant are already skewed but…

The Tarr Steps were busy and in fact there was a wedding ceremony taking place as we arrived. No surprise we couldn’t get accommodation.

We, Lee and I, are actually at the Exmoor Inn and very comfy to boot. Just had dinner with Sandy and Francis, Julie and Jess and Rob and their 2 kids. A full table but a good meal here and a good friendly and amicabLe staff.

Anyway I’ll load some photos and go.

Caio.


Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0241s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb