Glastonbury


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Somerset » Glastonbury
July 11th 2008
Published: July 11th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Have visions of King Arthur, Gueneviere & Merlin swimming in my head. Am dreaming of a time long past which was brought vividly to life yesterday in Glastonbury by Professor Ronald Hutton, the world's leading historian and authority on King Arthur & the area. We walked 350 metres straight up the side of a hill to reach Glastonbury Tor which was rumored to have housed Gueneviere who was kidnapped. Legs are still shaking. From the Tor the 360 degree view was amazing. From here you could see how the land becomes cut off by lakes which surround the base as in the Mists of Avalon.

Drank water from the Chalice Well & have some to bring home. I no longer have leprosy.

Glastonbury town is like Byron Bay on steroids. Known for its attraction of alternative lifestylers, it is alive with music, fabulous vegetarian food, crystals, and head-turning getups on head-turning people. I could feel my inner hippy fairly crying out with glee.
If I had to uproot and come to England permanently this would be where I could happily dwell. Ian has already had an offer from a real estate agent here to swap lives for a while.

Today we are in Bath, have visited the old Roman Baths & are about to walk around gawking at the historical fronts which house a multitude of wonderful shops.

Until next time.

Au Revoir


Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0308s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb