It wouldn't be Glastonbury without the wellies...


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Somerset » Glastonbury
June 24th 2007
Published: June 24th 2007
Edit Blog Post

So my Glastonbury virginity has finally been taken. After years of wanting to go to this amazing festival, I now feel a more complete person and am already hoping that I am lucky enough to get a ticket again next year...

I travelled up with my friend Laura from college and two more recent friends from University, James and Kate. We thought it would be wise to drive through the night, to avoid getting into any traffic to this little Somerset village. The journey also included passing Stone Henge! There were heaps of people there as they were about to celebrate the Summer Solstice...

Parking the car at the festival site was fine, but the walk from there to our decided camping area wasn't quite... It took us at least half an hour to walk with all of our belongings, and then even longer to find a space for our big group of friend's tents!

It felt so good once we had set up everything, Laura and I just collapsed in our little loveshack of a tent and then fully realised that yes, we were on a hill, and yes, gravity does exist...each night we would end up in the corner of our tent after sliding down in our sleeping bags. I was constantly waking up and using my elbows to crawl back up to the other end of the tent...

Now, I have certainly been to my share of festivals, but Glastonbury most definately beats them all. The amount of things to do there is just crazy, and I really don't think you can comprehend it until you go. The entire valley is just filled completely and is so colourful. To walk from one end of the action to the other would take about 40 minutes...and that would be without the thick squelchy mud...and as my friend Owain puts it..."and that's when you're sober..."

My highlights of the glorious Glastonbury festival...

Seeing Rufus again (with his oh so divine Judy Garland tribute...his legs are amazing)
Bjork's stunning show on the Other Stage.
Dancing in wellies to Shpongle.
Performing dance routines with Laura to 1930s music at the silent disco. (You were given headphones which were playing the same music for everyone in the tent...was rather strange when you took them off and there was no music!)
Being with my beautiful friends, old and new, in the pouring rain and varying textures of mud.
Finally using a She-Pee and realising that they are far more hygenic than using the toilet pits in the usual way.

Glastonbury, a place where you can be who you want to be, no one cares, everything is so free...especially by the Stone Circle...






Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



6th July 2007

MARLEY
I sAW A BIT OF gLASTONBURY ON tV . Some of bOB mARLEYS children did a kind of tribute act of his songs which i enjoyed, glad you had a good time.
6th July 2007

cant wait to hear all about it

Tot: 0.13s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0653s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb