Family reunion


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Shropshire » Ludlow
June 16th 2018
Published: June 17th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Day 2 Family reunion



Ann (cousin) and her daughter, Lisa had organised a get together of as many family as possible. We headed off around 9 for the drive to Ludlow which took around 2 1/2 hours and arrived early for our family lunch. The table was already groaning with enough food to feed an army. Some of John’s donations for Samara’s Aid were stashed in Dave’s shed so we loaded them into the car before the mob arrived. Initially it was just their 2 daughters and their children but gradually more and more people arrived. I finally sat down to tally up the number the next day and calculated there were about 24 people there from 4 generations - ranging from Mum @ 87, to Janet’s latest granddaughter of 2 months. I stole little Isabella for some cuddles and experience of substitute grandmothering. Uncle Alfred (the last of Dads brothers) had died a few weeks ago, it was good to see his daughter, Sandra - she’s still struggling as she had been his caregiver for the past few years and was feeling quite lost. Mum and I were sorry not to see Allred this time but glad we’d made the effort last time we came over. We had a really lovely time together.



Next we headed over to Linda and Dave at Whitten, we had a bit of a detour getting there. Robin calls the gps on her car “Gertrude” and Gertrude took us an obscure way there, we finally got to a bit Robin recognised and she (G) wanted to take us via Hope Bagshot, Robin decided no & headed down the usual route only to find the entry to their road blocked due to road works so Hope Bagshot it was, down windy English lanes where the hedgerows on both sides were almost scraping the car doors. We came across a car going each direction but fortunately near driveways so we could pass each other without 1 or another having to back up a lot.

Then we were trying to work out which driveway to Linda’s place. We finally decided to drive into White Cottage and fortunately her son James, wife Jemma and their daughter Annabelle (Annie) were walking right there and could show us in. They joined us later and again a lovely time together with a little wine. I think we left around 8:30 and finally got home around 10:30. I have to confess to being very sleepy and dozy in the car. With my short time in England it was good to be able to catch most of the family in one hit and they are a lovely bunch. in spite of having my camera with me I didn’t get around to taking any photos.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.039s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0447s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb