Double-decking it around Oxford


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Oxfordshire » Oxford
October 3rd 2010
Published: October 30th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Almost as if being sunny the day before was too much effort, Sunday brought more rain which lasted all day. With the exception of Little Cocky, who was up early to go out swimming with Margery and John, we enjoyed a slow start. After a bit of a sleep in, we pottered around over breakfast, taking our time to get organised for an afternoon out. Once James returned from the pool (which was apparently a traditional Victorian style swimming baths), we drove up to see historic Oxford. Little Cocky loved the trip there, as we left the car at a Park & Ride stop, boarding a local double decker bus (alas, it was green, not red!) for the trip into the old town centre.

Once in Oxford, we had a look through the Ashmolean Museum, and then took a ride around the town on the double decker tourist bus, viewing the historic University colleges and other buildings along the way. Goanna really liked the stories of the student's antics - seems that university student's behaviour hasn't changed much in over 400 years!

The story of “Alice in Wonderland” was written in Oxford - we tried to make a visit to Alice’s Shop with our little namesake in her honour, however were two minutes late past its closing time of 5:30pm, so missed out.

Margery cooked us up a huge lasagne for dinner, which was washed down with ice cream for dessert. We were definitely spoiled rotten!

LITTLE COCKY’S COMMENTS: Oxford is a university town. We went on a red double decker tour bus around the town to see the university colleges. We also went to the Ashmolean Museum. I liked the money displays and the Egyptian mummies.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.248s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0346s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb