Arrival


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Oxfordshire » Oxford
January 8th 2006
Published: January 9th 2006
Edit Blog Post

VIRGIN ROCKS!VIRGIN ROCKS!VIRGIN ROCKS!

On the plane we got free little goodie bags with a toothbrush, toothpaste, and those little eye patch thingies!
I just finished unpacking and am in bed trying to fall asleep but I'm not that tired because after we got to school me and Emily took a nap for a little bit. We are living in this place called, "Hambden Manor", which is a little while from the school and a bit outside Oxford. It's not exactly walking distance but since we're the furthest residence we get a free bus pass which is cool because then we can go around Oxford whenever we want and just hop on a bus without paying.

The rooms are pretty awesome. I don't think they were supposed to but the people here ended up rooming me and Emily together which I'm really happy about because it's just more comfortable and makes me feel more secure with all my stuff. We share the house with this really nice couple who live here and manage it throughout the year who probably think we're crazy because we got so excited when we found out we were together. We have two entrances to our place (one through the main house entrance and one that leads out the back) and the house is old but nice. Our main room that has two beds, two bookshelves, two dressers/closets, and two desks is bigger than our old
dorms... that room leads to a short hallway that leads to a kitchen on the right and a bathroom on the left. We get complimentary linen service which means comforters, towels, etc. The kitchen comes with pots and pans, dishes, toaster, and all that good stuff also... so they set us up pretty nicely.

We have WIRELESS INTERNET!!! IN EVERY ROOM!!! How exciting is that? But right now my messaging services don't work... I can get on AIM express but other than that I only have Skype and e-mail. We also have a common room that has our tv in it and a ping pong table (which means no personal tv but that's good because it will force us out of the room more often).

Hmm.. what else? The trip over here wasn't bad. We slept for a little bit, ate dinner... watched some tv and planned out some of our trips for later in the semester... then we slept some more and played video games on the tv sets on the plane... then they served us breakfast and we were there. From the airport we took a bus into Oxford then walked a little while down the streets of Oxford (which must have been VERY amusing to the people who live here) then we took another bus to the school. After we registered we got our rooms, took a nap, and met up for homemade pizza for dinner. It was a pretty relaxed day because tomorow we do most of our orientation and preparation stuff. We need to get groceries, get a phone, get a student id card, etc.

And that's all for now! Cheers!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0565s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb