THE SOGGY WALKERS 100M DASH


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Northumberland » Rothbury
July 16th 2010
Published: August 9th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We had a pretty terrible nights weather. The wind felt like it would blow the caravan over and the rain beat so hard on the roof that we could hardly hear each other speak. The weather was even worse when we woke the next day so we decided to put off our departure and booked an extra night. We soon realised how lucky we were to be in Molly the caravan as we watched our neighbours squeezing out of their two man tents and dashing across the field to the loo while we sipped our morning coffee.

Later that day the weather finally cleared. We drove to Kielder water and took the scenic route back. This was a 12 mile drive through Kielder forest on a rough gravel road. This road is sometimes closed to the public and used as a rally stage. Signs warned us that the road was more suitable for 4x4s but we went anyway. There was no one else for miles around and with no phone signal we wondered how long it would take for someone to find us if we were to break down. We soon decided that it wouldn’t matter anyway when we remembered that we had a boot full of cider! We needn’t have worried as Roger the Rover took it all in his stride and delivered us safely back to the main road. What a lovely end to a rather wet and windy stay - Scotland here we come!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0244s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb