The Last Little Bit


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Northamptonshire
July 22nd 2012
Published: July 22nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


BLOG 14.....LAST ONE!

Monday 16 July – so hello for the last time to all our faithful blog followers. To recap we left our Aires site in Hondschoote and travelled the short distance to Tobacco Alley, Adinkirke, Belgium. Mild panic ensued as none of the dozen or so tobacco shops had our preferred brand – but the substitute, Flandrig, seems perfectly acceptable.

From there we drove to McDonalds in Dunkirk to check emails and do the blog. It was with great sadness we read that Barry’s mum had died the day before.....so a few phone calls later established that B would fly out to Sydney in time for the funeral next Wednesday, 25 July.

So the rest of our day was understandably affected by our dampened spirits. We did however have a pleasant meal and a bit of a look around, before heading for the large carpark at the ferry terminal, where we parked up for our last night.


Tuesday 17 July – Being on-the-spot, checking in at 9.15 wasn’t a problem. Our 10am crossing was delayed half an hour but the two hour crossing seemed to go quite quickly. Then the arduous drive back to Long Buckby, in surprisingly bright weather........who says you’ve had months of rain?

We arrived mid afternoon to find our hall festooned with bunting, brightly painted Union Jacks and a fabby drawing (with an ‘I Love You Granny & Grandpa) of the whole family, from Joshua.

As Claire was working ‘til 7.30pm, she popped round after work for a quick visit – and it wasn’t ‘til the following day that we were able to give loads of stored up kisses and cuddles to Charlie and Josh..........noticing changes in both. On the following evening the Fletchers invited us to supper and we could catch up with Paul.

However, as you can imagine, with Dot’s death and the subsequent arranging of flights, it wasn’t really the ending we’d planned to another successful and hugely enjoyable trip.

Barry flew out from Manchester (long story!) on Friday for 10 days. Since he has taken the camera with him, I can’t add our last few pictures to the blog at the moment and can’t take a couple of snappers of the boys – will add them in due course.

SO FINALLY, this last blog is done. Hope you’ve enjoyed them.................’til the next time – Hasta la vista!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.308s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0807s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb