2012 trip to central and southern Spain


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Northamptonshire » Crick
April 15th 2012
Published: April 15th 2012
Edit Blog Post

So, another trip – not long now. Getting excited .......but leaving our two gorgeous grandsons for 3 months will be harder this time as we now live so close and obviously see them more often. Of course Claire and Paul will be missed, as will Tom, whom we’ve just seen for a few hours between returning from Cape Town and driving the truck from the UK to Istanbul for a 8 month trip to Beijing and back.



However the yearning for a bit of sun and adventure is calling and go we must. The final organising/stocking-up is underway and we hope to be ready to set forth on Tuesday 17 April, arriving in time to check in for our Portsmouth to Santander crossing at 5pm.



Our last Spanish trip in 2010 took us through France, down to Barcelona and across central Spain to Porto (Portugal), then up and around Galicia and the northern Spanish coast. The plan this time is to explore the bottom central half (particularly Extremadura which borders Portugal), taking in Cordoba, Seville, Granada etc, dipping into the southern coast as and when, then up the east coast and finally back through France.



So from Santander we’ll head south towards Toledo (just south west of Madrid). In theory we hope to keep a diary which we’ll load on our blogsite with relevant photos every 10 days or so. However since part of the joy of travelling is virtual total absence of TV, media and Internet, we don’t want blogging to be a chore. It also depends on getting wi-fi and since we mostly use MacDonald’s car parks for free Internet, we doubt (and hope) there will not be an abundance of these in the areas we’ll be travelling through!

So this may be the first of several blogs or may be the only one ‘til we get back..........whatever! So ‘til the next time......Hasta la Vista!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0378s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb