Kilburn white Horse Yorkshire and “York”


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » North Yorkshire » Thirsk
September 1st 2019
Published: September 1st 2019
Edit Blog Post

A late morning and went on a beauty hike with beautiful friends at Kilburn WhiteHorse , a park on Sutton Bank in Yorkshire. It was a gentle walk except a 152 steps down to the first valley and a steep climb back up to the top of the hill. At the hill top people have carved out the hill bush making a white horse on the hillside limestone rock. Within the park were glider aircraft which soared well above us in the blue sky. Below we could see the decorative English landscape with the harvest well underway and beautiful working fields.
We had a nice drive back to the City of York where we had a delicious meal followed by a “York Ghost Walk”. The York Ghost adventure was excellent giving us history and haunted sites around the city which included a Canadian airman who fell out of a window and a Legion of Roman Soldiers returning from battle.
One thing that stuck was a comment from our guide that he tells all French Canadians. “ You really need to thank England for winning the war on the Plains of Abraham because if they didn’t win, Napoleon would have sold Quebec to the Americans as he needed the money to pay for his war. You would then all be Americans with Trump.
Cheers everyone.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.329s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0604s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb