one weekend out at Ripon


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » North Yorkshire » Ripon
November 18th 2006
Published: November 26th 2006
Edit Blog Post

cottage's living roomcottage's living roomcottage's living room

quiet and tidy. the only permanent resident was a black and white cat!
One weekend out at Ripon



Friday

Ripon, 1 hour away from Leeds, is a tiny old city, so I prefer to call it “town”. And Fountains Abbey with Studley Royal Water Garden, four miles west of Ripon, is of outstanding historic and aesthetic importance with the history of 800 years. It was declared a World Heritage site in 1987.

We got on train toward Harrogate at burley park station at 18:03. The train was busy as usual. The ticket man still tried his best to get everyone pay for ticket. Ripon as a city, there is no train station. Luckily the bus No 36 was just outside the train station to welcome every visitor, even if in this cold and dark winter. It was so cold that I could not speak properly. As I even told the host of our cottage that we would be late about 30 hours, instead of 30 mins.

There just had 3 stands in Ripon coach station and we got off at stand 1 at 10 mins to 8. After about 20 mins searching and looking, we found our cottage finally, which was actually just 5 mins away from bus
at ripon streetat ripon streetat ripon street

100 years old building, still working very well!
station.

It was a nice, warm and cosy place with hosts' friendly faces. Lady called Barbara took us to register and asked about time for breakfast. Tradition wall fire in the living room showed the age of the house. We got the biggest room in the house luckily. It was a family room, full of toys books and teddy bears. Yellow and green were the major colours of the room.

The first thing I did after going into the room was turning on the hot tap so that the hot water could fill up the bath. That was the best thing ever to have a relaxing, warm bath after a tiring long journey.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------




Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0424s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb