Day 80 Liverpool


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Merseyside » Liverpool
July 6th 2018
Published: July 6th 2018
Edit Blog Post

It took only 30 minutes after catching the train from Hoylake to Liverpool via the Mersey River Railway Tunnel. I enjoyed the day as I was totally surprised by the ease of moving around. There was no congestion on footpaths or roads. From exploring the inner city to the waterfront to the cathedrals to quiet streets to the Radio City Tower it was a day of new learning and appreciation.

Mary was kind enough to let us drive her car to the Hoylake Train Station, where one is able to park free for 24 hours! With return tickets in hand we were set for the day. The temperature was kind to us and very conducive for comfortable walking. As I had not been into the ‘depths’ of Liverpool city before, I took it slowly, so as to take in the sights and major places of interest. Jane, whose parents were born in Liverpool, was my personal guide. I rewarded her with refreshment stops!

Both cathedrals, the Anglican and Catholic were architecturally awesome and definitely unique in style. They are very close to each other in location and both churches work together on many occasions to bring the ‘believers’ together. The 360’ view of Liverpool from the RCT gave us a really good picture of the layout of Liverpool from the seafront, dockyards and waterfront (Albert Dock) beside the River Mersey, to various parks and major buildings such as the Central Library, Walker Art Gallery, Wellington’s Column, Anfield (the home of the Liverpool Football Club) and both cathedrals plus more.


Additional photos below
Photos: 28, Displayed: 23


Advertisement











Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 15; qc: 33; dbt: 0.0452s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb