Jolly 'Ole England!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Leicestershire
July 1st 2008
Published: July 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hi everyone!!

Well, Nina and I have had a very busy week and we were mostly away from an internet signal…but we’re catching up on blogs now! Yay!

WARNING!!

Tons and TONS of family pictures to follow!!

When last we blogged we were in Toronto with my mom and dad. My sister Suzanne was on her way. She arrived!! We gave her some little trinkets from Thailand, and a birthday gift (June 23 birthday). Judging by the kisses in those pictures, I think she liked the gifts!

Nina gave our mom an iPod tutorial as well…muuuuch appreciated by mom!

We then went out for dinner. We just had one evening of overlap when Suzanne and I were in Toronto together. We had Greek food “on the Danforth” (Toronto Greek Town) and then went over to one of my closest friends place. There’s a picture of him, his wife Theresa, and their third child, Kyra. It was an AWESOME night! Much laughter…

Next day we went to Quebec for a Canadian Brass concert. We rehearsed Carmen ‘cause we hadn’t played it in almost a year. This was also the first time Nina saw us do
Psycho-looking sister SuzannePsycho-looking sister SuzannePsycho-looking sister Suzanne

She was so excited to see mom and Nina that she almost explOOOded!
Carmen. That was fun! We performed in an adorable church on the island across from Quebec City to a very happy full house.

Then we hit the reception, hotel for an hour, and left at 1:30 to drive to the Montreal airport to get there at 4am for our 6am flight. Ouchy Ouch to say the least!

We made it!

My sister Lisa picked us up at Heathrow. We drove to her home in Market Harborough, in Leicester. There we met up with my brother in law, Alex, and their adorable 2-year-old-going-on-28-year-old Mathilda Rose Nelsen Crutchley…Tilly for short.

I’ll let the pictures, and their descriptions tell the story. Basically, Tilly is an incredible kid, Lisa and Alex have a fantastic new home (moved in the week we got there!), we had an amazing time, and we can’t WAIT to go back to England for a longer stay next time!

Thank you Lisa, Alex, and Tilly for having us! We’ll see you next week in Durham for my Canadian Brass concert! Yayyyyyy!!

Love to all,
Jeff (and Nina)




Additional photos below
Photos: 68, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Yup...she really liked the gifts!  Yup...she really liked the gifts!
Yup...she really liked the gifts!

...ok, and maybe she likes US too!
Us!Us!
Us!

Me, Dad, Nina, Suzanne, Mom (and Kelsley behind the camera!)
Morning chat with dadMorning chat with dad
Morning chat with dad

Cool pic. Dad's being he charming self, and you can see Suzanne smiling in the mirror too...
Chuck posing with his phone...Chuck posing with his phone...
Chuck posing with his phone...

...on our way from Toronto to Quebec City
Can't talk...EATING!Can't talk...EATING!
Can't talk...EATING!

Canadian Brass and amazing desserts.
Lisa, Alex, Nina, and Lisa's verrrry cute skunk hand puppetLisa, Alex, Nina, and Lisa's verrrry cute skunk hand puppet
Lisa, Alex, Nina, and Lisa's verrrry cute skunk hand puppet

...from our childhood. She is amazing at making that thing seem real!
The charm of EnglandThe charm of England
The charm of England

Wandering in Market Harbouroughcesterbourough (said (Harborrow, juuuust fyi...heh...)


3rd July 2008

Love 'em!
These are wonderful pics of the family! Helps us to feel closer....thanks Nina and Jeff!

Tot: 0.284s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0504s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb