Thank You So Much for supporting us and the Ectopic Pregnancy Trust.


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Kent
May 20th 2008
Published: May 20th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We are very grateful to everyone at the Ectopic Pregnancy Trust who work so hard to provide women and their families with support following this life threatening and most devastating condition - without their ongoing help we would have found it much harder to cope. We lost our precious baby, Lavinia nearly lost her life, she has been left infertile and she has now endured five traumatic operations since June 2007, but despite all of this we are so pleased that we have been able to try and stand tall, be positive, and accomplish the huge feat of hiking 429km from England into Scotland to raise money for the Ectopic Pregnancy Trust. We have lost so much - but it is a time for us to remember the past, but also look to the future with hope. The baby that we lost to ectopic pregnancy will never be forgotten and will always be in our hearts.

We want to thank everyone for your never ending support and following our blog - since 1st May alone, we have already had nearly 700 hits on our blog, which is absolutely amazing. Your words of support and encouragement on our blog and in your emails are so moving and we cannot tell you how much they mean to us both. It is so lovely that the messages are from our family and friends, but also from people we were honoured to meet on the Pennine Way - it's fantastic.

During our hike on the Pennine Way, we were very lucky that so many people showed a keen interest in our hike, from the tops of stunning mountains, to the bottom of beautiful valleys and waterfalls, in restaurants and tea shops. We met so many people on our journey up the Pennine Way, and thank you to all of you who stopped to listen to hear about our ectopic pregnancy story and the fantastic work of the Ectopic Pregnancy Trust.

Thank you so much for all of your generous donations - we really are so touched; during our Pennine Way hike we collected a total of £120. It will mean so much to the charity, who heavily rely on third-party fundraising to survive from year to year. Through your donations you are helping the charity to try and prevent unnecessary deaths from ectopic pregnancy, help them raise awareness of the condition, help them in providing emotional support and information to women and their families affected by the condition and helping to fund research into the underlying causes of ectopic pregnancy. We have so far raised £9,568.00 - without your generous donations, we would never have raised this amount - so thank you all so much for your support.

To make a celebratory donation towards our fundraising effort at conquering the 429km Pennine Way trail, you can go to:-
www.ectopic.org.uk/fundraising/?p=46.

If you would like to support the Ectopic Pregnancy Trust further, there are various ways you can help, for example you can become a Friend of the charity by going to www.ectopic.org.uk/trust/how_you_can_help.htm or if you want to read more about the charity and its work please go to www.ectopic.org.uk. Thank you all so much again.

Best wishes to you all
Lavinia and Steve

Advertisement



Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 72; dbt: 0.0638s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb