End of our training for the Ectopic Pregnancy Trust fundraising hike...calm before the storm!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Kent
April 20th 2008
Published: April 20th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Only 7 days to go! Will there be rain or sunshine along the Pennine Way? Let's hope the weather is kind. Sadly we have reached the end of our training for the Pennine Way and now ahead awaits a challenging 429km of hiking and a total ascent of nearly 32,000 ft (higher than Everest, which stands at 29,000 ft) to help raise awareness of ectopic pregnancy, raise valuable funds for the Ectopic Pregnancy Trust and the work of this fantastic charity.

It means so much to us that despite all of the traumas we have experienced, in particular Lavinia coming so frighteningly close to losing her life and the loss of our precious baby, that we can try to do something positive in an effort to support this charity and the work it does to help women and their families after they have suffered the devastating effects of this life threatening condition.

We both feel very honoured to be able to fundraise in this way for the Ectopic Pregnancy Trust, a charity that has shown us, Lavinia especially, endless support and look forward to raising funds for them as a BIG thank you to everyone who works so tirelessly for the charity. Without their help, we would not have made it this far along our emotional and rollercoaster journey.

Before we head off on our hike, we want to express our sincere gratitude to the Ectopic Pregnancy Trust for making a real difference in our lives and to the lives of so many women and their families. Here's three cheers to the Ectopic Pregnancy Trust! Love Lavinia and Steve

If you would like to support us in our fundraising effort for the Ectopic Pregnancy Trust, please go to www.ectopic.org.uk/fundraising/?p=46 , many thanks for your support.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

...and feel over the moon at conquering another achievement...and feel over the moon at conquering another achievement
...and feel over the moon at conquering another achievement

Lav and Steve ready to embrace after jumping 10,000ft out of a plane! Skydiving in Namibia, Sept 2006.


Tot: 0.134s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 17; qc: 79; dbt: 0.0715s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb