Home sweet home


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Kent
January 2nd 2007
Published: January 2nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well as most of you will now know i am back in Blighty. All seems like a distant memory now and it's back to reality , back to job hunts and dole cheques! No jumping out of planes at 14000ft , abseiling into caves or trekking through jungles - actually the last one is not strictly true as anyone who has tried to navigate their way through oxford street will know!

Thought i would send you one final blog as i know you are all missing them!

Well after 2 and half months away what did i learn ? Well i learnt alot about the world and about me. If anyone has the opportunity to go travelling then please do so , it makes you feel small and humble and makes you realise the stupid stuff you worry about is not that relevant in the grand scheme of things.

I firstly want to say thank you to you all , your messages and comments made me smile and cheered me endlessly as i was sitting eating my stolen sausage rolls in a cockroach infested kitchen!

Secondly i want to say thanks to Beano and Amie , not sure i could of done it with out them. I am already missing Amie's hair extensions and Kirsty's no fear attitude. Also a little mention for Bailey , he was only with us for a short time but i would not have made it up the mountain without him - you can be my wing man anyday!

Lastly , the best way i thought i could summarise my trip was reciting to you some sayings that i picked up on my travels , some are from songs , some are from toilet doors (people are deep when they're travelling!) and some are one's that people said to me. They all mean alot though and i will remember my time away fondly and proudly.

- Take your time , think alot , think of all the things you've got , for you will still be here tomorrow but your dreams may not.
Cat Stevens - but true don't you think!

- Americans are Wankers
Author Unknown - Didn't say i agreed!!

- Don't look back in anger
Oasis - A classic!

- Learn to accept the things you cannot change
Author Unknown

- YOU SLAAAAGGGGGGGGGSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
The Irish man on our trip to Albany South Western Australia

- Oh no no no no it's not for me
Mark and Jon , Carlsile

- For fucks sake
The dutch massive reciting they're extensive english vocab - Brisbane

- One day you'll walk right out of this life , and then you'll wonder why you didn't try.
The Jam

- Get amongst a Pie
Little John, New Zealand

- Fat ON!
Thomas , Sweden

- Ghetto Fabulous
Fiona , North London originally Scunthorpe

- Don't be wreckless with other people hearts, don't put up with people who are wreckless with yours
Baz Lurman

- Sleep when your dead
Author Unknown

- Sadness is only happiness in a black jacket
Author Unknown

- True contentment comes not from having what we want but wanting what we have.
James , Blackheath

Thanks again to you all , Happy New Year. 2007 , A new chance to get it right!

Love and hugs and stuff

Emsy - Lou

Signing off for the final time.

P.S As this blog lacks any pictures i have attached a few from my past as the kingsferry bridge and sheerness clock tower are not that great to look at!











Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.129s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0793s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb