Being back and the coldest winter...


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Kent » Royal Tunbridge Wells
February 19th 2010
Published: February 19th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Dear all,
In a couple of days time Dan and I will have been back in the UK for seven months. When we got back I started working at a Special Needs school in Maidstone and I am still there. Poor Dan did not have the luck that I had with getting a job and he had a long six months of job hunting. However he started his new job in London last week and he seems to be enjoying it.

Our travels are like a distant memory. Getting back into work did not prove to be too hard although I still have the odd day when I drive to work in the rain and remember going to work on a dive boat...it's not quite the same! This feeling has not been helped by the fact that after being in the sun for a year we have managed to come back to one of the coldest winters on record! I struggled with the cold before we left and now even Dan finds that the cold gets to him.

Those of you who travel will know that there is still often only one thought in our minds...when can we get away again? Don't worry we are not planning another year for a while! Now that Dan has a job we have just been able to book two weeks in Egypt at Easter. It's going to be two weeks of relaxing and diving but most importantly it is going to be two weeks of sunshine! As for the summer, well we have many thoughts...but we will see. The list of places to visit did not shrink during our year away, it only got larger.

love to you all
Wendy
x

Advertisement



Tot: 0.234s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0518s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb