Surley we can't win six in a row?


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Kent » Gillingham
April 18th 2006
Published: April 18th 2006
Edit Blog Post

PanoramicPanoramicPanoramic

Todays shot includes the Rainham End.
We can, and don't call me shirley!!

Now todays blog is a little late due to me not being able to acces the site yesterday as it was having a "Timmy Fit". It wil also have to be a bit shorter as RandomMan has had a Random Accident, with a stanley Knife. I'm now minus part of my left typing finger!! Picture to follow if we get enough requests!!

Any how, monday morning was spent mostly in bed as we didn't have to go to work. I had planned to go to the pub pre-match but remebered that on the 2 or 3 occasions i had done so this season, the game had ended in a draw. so i sacrificed my beer for the 2 extra points, well i hoped.

Willis and I met up with the days Special guest Mrs C, formerly Mrs L. Chip had persuaded her to come along to see the Mighty Gills!! Sporting Hat and Gloves in April, Mrs C told us on the way down to the ground that the score would be 2-1 to the blues, or there would be trouble! She definatley didn't want to watch a 0-0 as that
Mrs C!Mrs C!Mrs C!

Mrs C Holding her hat, So the man down under can see her new wig!!
would be boring and she wouldn't be able to sing der der da da, der der da da when we scored!

We reached Carlton Avenue and Mr Francis Grabham (Uncle Frank) announced that he had left his ticket indoors and would have to go back. RandomMan volunteered to save his legs, and jog back to get it for him! Mrs Grabham was not impressed with the "silly old fool" but it only took me 5 mins and it was nice to stretch me legs and test the new trainers!!

Ow, blasted finger!!

The Game kicked off without Mr & Mrs Stamp who had been held up and the Gills were on the back foot for the first 5 mins as they tried to find their rythem. The stamps then turned up and produced a large lunchbox with their sandwiches in! at no point were crusts offered around and crumbs were spilt!!

Matt Jarvis grabbed our attention as he was gettin a lot of joy down the left! On the third attept he swept passed his marker on the outside before crossing low and hard for tommy black to score his second of the easter weekend!! 1-0.
From a cornerFrom a cornerFrom a corner

Gills miss a chance from a corner!

I turned around whilst celebrating to find that Mrs C was most upset because she had missed the goal as she was distracted by one of our blonde substitutes legs!! Blimey!
Chip found this rather amusing!

The game continued and Jarvis had so much joy down the left, Bradford made a sub and changed their rightback! The Gills restricted the Bradford forward line to long shots and the rest of the half breezed by. Stoutly Dean Windass seemed to be sporting grey hair to go with Bradfords awful away kit, and Danny-i used to be good like- Cadermateri was wearing black woolley gloves!! In april, and it was sunny!! wus!!

Gillingham continued to dominate after the break and doubled their advantage after 53 minutes. Jackman's clever pass sent substitute Flynn clear and he made no mistake with a left-footed volley from just inside the area!! Get in!! 2-0!!

Danny Cadamarteri pulled a goal back for Bradford with 16 minutes remaining when after a mix up with Sancho he forced his way between two Gillingham defenders before firing past Jason Brown, but the Gills held out for the win.

That made it 6 wins out of 6
oooohhhhhhoooohhhhhhoooohhhhhh

Mullers chases down the Dodgy' keeper!
and we were definatly safe! Not only that but only 7 points from the playoff with 9 points available! Can we do it?? I personally think not but its worth a shot!!

The days other results filtered in and it was nice to hear that Millwall, Brighton and Crewe had all been relegated!! 2 more away days for next season i think! Sorry Joe!

Well thats all for a bit, no blog next week at yeovil as i can't go as i'm going on holiday! Where you ask? Tune in to find out

Keep it Random


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

6 on the spin!6 on the spin!
6 on the spin!

Allan tells everone just how many games we've won in a row!!


20th April 2006

we can still get promoted!!how good...
we want pictures of the finger..is it screwed or are you just being a wuss????? where u been on hol then cheeseheads??

Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0417s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb