The train to Dungeness


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Kent » Gillingham
July 18th 2008
Published: July 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Dungeness - the north seaDungeness - the north seaDungeness - the north sea

A quiet moment for the brothers
18th July

Hopped on a little steam train this morning, very excited. 1/3 the size of a normal train. Dad had to duck otherwise he'd hit his head on the roof. Oh and aunty jenny we packed water and the camera. Firstly we hopped in a windowed carriage and then moved onto a open carriage. It was freezing. We saw lots of stones everywhere. The beaches at this end of England are strange.

Our stopping point was Dungeness - it has a nuclear power station there. It dominated the landscape. It was a strange place - pebbles, nuclear power station, houses and the north sea. Mum and Dad took us to a pub for lunch. We had plaice and haddock. It was well cooked but the fish is nothing like NZ fish. We ate it but talked about terakihi, gurnard, Mahia and snapper. The fish we ate was really fresh but tastes so different. We had vinegar on our chips.

Went down to Riverside Park and I bet dad over an obstacle course - he took it hard.

Having a day around home tomorrow have to save 100 pound cos we booked our ferry crossings to ireland
TheTrainTheTrainTheTrain

Duck Dad!!!
and france. Won't be eating much tomorrow. Will have to go blackberrying tomorrow for food.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.048s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb