Across the English Channel.


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Kent » Canterbury
June 20th 2009
Published: June 23rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Canterbury.Canterbury.Canterbury.

A gate that formed a part of the wall of the old city.
Today we made our way from Spain to England. We arrived at the airport to find that our flight had been cancelled by AirComet, but that they had not provided us with seats on another flight. Fortunately, we were able to come to an arrangement which allowed us to leave at our scheduled time. We arrived at Gatwick and picked up our hire car to drive to Canterbury. Despite having a sat nav we circled the airport a number of times to try and find the right way to Canterbury. For some reason, the sat nav kept giving us a bum steer. Once at Canterbury, we headed for the old town to see the 11th century Cathedral. The pictures don’t really do its magnificence justice. The Cathedral’s simplicity is in stark contrast to those in Spain. We spent the rest of the evening exploring the old town.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

The High Street.The High Street.
The High Street.

This is the main street that leads on from the gate.
Canterbury Cathedral.Canterbury Cathedral.
Canterbury Cathedral.

This is only the front part of the whole cathedral.
The pulpitum.The pulpitum.
The pulpitum.

This edifice separated the monks from the congregation.


Tot: 0.12s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 18; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0873s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb