A Lunch Date at Sarratt


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Hertfordshire
July 27th 2017
Published: August 1st 2017
Edit Blog Post

The last two weeks have vanished. Tomorrow we return to France. Today we go shopping and then have a family lunch date. With a finite time for this holiday it is hard to plan in advance how much time is to be spent in each wonderful place we have visited. That is what has happened in the UK section of our trip. As on previous trips we’ll be back.

We start the day with a shopping trip to nearby Watford. There appears to be a great deal more development since our last trip. We shop our way through various stores collecting a few necessary items needed for the last week of our trip. Our toothpaste doesn’t quite last the journey.

Lunch today is in the country village of Sarratt. Our daughter has enjoyed a drink at the Cricketers Arms while out cycling with her husband. On their recommendation we all decide it would be a lovely way to finish our UK holiday. On arrival we discover many other people obviously think this is a grand place for lunch. Fortunately there is a table for four in a quiet corner of the pub. It doesn’t stay quiet for long. We talk and eat and ... (actually not too much drink, the day is young).

We find the meal delicious. Now we know why so many people come for lunch. Outside there is the occasional shower of rain. The cricket match at The Oval between England and South Africa is being continually interrupted by rain. The ground staff are busy with the covers. Will it be a tame draw? If the wet weather continues it could be. The staff in this establishment are also being kept busy. Main course, dessert, coffees. With the afternoon well advanced time to return “home”.

The rest of the afternoon is fine but clouds overhead suggest rain could fall at any moment. The cricket continues to be on again, off again. The ground staff are very fit fellows.

After such a delicious lunch we settle down to a light meal to round off the day. It will be an early bedtime tonight. Tomorrow we drive to Folkestone to connect with le Shuttle and our train trip to France.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.338s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 47; dbt: 0.1347s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb