Lazy, Lazy, Lazy!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater Manchester
September 24th 2023
Published: September 29th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Today we thought we might go to visit an English Heritage or National Trust property because, you know, we haven’t seen enough of those yet, ha, ha. But … it’s a bit difficult to find any relatively nearby properties because we have visited them all on earlier trips to the North. We finally decided that perhaps we could visit Lyme Park which is operated by the National Trust. Even though we have visited it before, it was way back in the 90s, probably on our first ever trip to the UK, and we couldn’t really recall if we had been into the house?

However, the weather was looking pretty glum. We checked the website and found that the house and garden are open today and tomorrow. Bernie checked the weather forecast and we decided that it is much more promising for Monday than it is today. OK, change of plan, let’s have a lazy day today and fit in one last stately home visit tomorrow before we head home.

That decision made, we did indeed have a very lazy day. I spent a bit of time catching up on the travel diary which had fallen a few days behind. We did manage to haul our lazy arses out for a walk during the afternoon, but very little else was achieved.



Steps: 6,924 (4.86 kms)

Advertisement



Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0196s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb